Jon-Paul - Mood Board Grid Design

    Last week, I went for a walking trip around the Ironbound. This is where I found most of the pictures that I used for today's project. This project originally started on Friday when we made the first version of our mood boards. They were pretty crude, as we just placed the colors and images wherever we could. Our task for today then was to redo them using grids. The result was a lot cleaner, and I am going to talk about how I did it. 

    The first step I did was to insert the pictures into Coolors. I used this website to find the names and hex codes of all of the pictures. This step took me about 2 minutes for each picture. The next step was to put the pictures into Canva. Now, the special thing for today is that I already had the ones from Friday done, so I could use the pictures I already picked out. Another thing that made today easier was that I was able to use their premade grid elements. Those made the newer mood boards look a lot cleaner. The last thing I needed to do was to write down the HEX codes of each of the colors and put them inside the picture. I found this activity to be pretty fun. 

The following two pictures are two of the four mood boards that I made today.


Comments

  1. Your work here reminds me of what I have seen in interior designer lookbooks. What you did that I liked better was including "textures" (ripples on water, a textured metal) that also communicate something about the brand/place for which you are designing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment