Jon-Paul - Inspirational Poster

    Today, my project was to make an inspirational poster using a color wheel. I made three different posters with three different analogous color harmonies, and it took me around an hour and a half to complete this from start to finish.

    My first step was to get my quote. I was a bit bored, so I used this thing known as Inspirobot. Though most of them didn't make much sense, I stumbled upon this one that was actually understandable and positive. My next step was to get the color harmonies, and I used the color scheme creator from W3Schools to do that. I used their analogous color scheme creator to make three different ones; one for each poster. I put my favorite one out of the bunch in here.

    We also talked about HEX codes and how they worked, so I'll try and explain it the best I can. HEX codes use a base 16 number system, so they are like condensed versions of using straight numbers for getting color (255, 255, 255; pure white) But, what would you do for the last 6 numbers if we use a base 10 system for our numbers? Well, that's quite simple actually, you would just use 6 letters, these ones being A, B, C, D, E, and F. So, pure white in the HEX system would be written as #FFFFFF. Just something nice I learned that I wanted to share. I put the colors of each part of the poster at the bottom in the HEX code format, too.

Comments

  1. I totally understand HEX codes after reading your blog entry. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment