Jon-Paul - Farmers Market Banner

    Earlier this week, I was tasked to make a banner using the instructions that I got from what was pretty much a commission sheet. It told me about the text and information that I needed to put on the banner, and how it should've been presented. The picture on the right is my finished product, and I'll be talking about how I got to that point. 

    The first part of this is the text hierarchy and how I conveyed that with my font choices. At the top, I used a small caps font for the title. It is also pretty easy to read from far away, and I made sure to keep that into account. That same principle was used for the text under it, which is also important because it tells you information about the event. 

The next part was the color scheme that I used. Since this is a green market, I felt like a good color scheme to convey the feeling of that was to get a scheme that used muted shades of green and brown. 

The last part to do was to add the badge in the middle. This was actually pretty simple to do, because all of the assets I used were free elements from Canva. I used a banner for the text, a tree for the background, and a hexagon for the frame.

Comments